Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sunday school

Sunday school
Today I wrapped up the rough draft of the first lesson plan of my Sunday school series. This is totally unlike anything I have ever done before and I feel rather nervous, but I am also excited and am trusting that God will use me. I feel like the next ten weeks will be a time of growth for me as I teach the scripture every Sunday morning. The topic of the Sunday school series is "Life in the Spirit," and I am going to be spending the ten Sundays between April 11th and June 13th closely examining the scriptures with the class. In preparation for the class I read through the entire New Testament, (okay, I skimmed through the Gospels and Revelations) Psalms, and Proverbs, writing down any references that coincide with what I am speaking on any given week. For example, This Sunday we will be going through 17 different references... I figure the less I speak and the more my words come from the scripture, the better.
If anyone wants to attend the Sunday school series, it starts at 9 and goes to 10:15ish on Sunday mornings, starting this Sunday. It is held at Mount Zion UMC on the top floor in the front of the building.
I am very excited about this new thing the LORD is doing in my life.

2 comments:

  1. how neat! I'll be there. And I'll bring my super-fast-writing skills for all that Scripture :)

    Also, your layout matches the cover of my Chekhov book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... yay for simple and clean!

    ReplyDelete