Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summa Cum Laude

So I just graduated from Towson University with a GPA of 3.858, which was enough to get the honor of Summa Cum Laude and enough to surpass my HCC GPA of 3.79. I did this in spite of the plus/minus grading system in which you usually need above a 93 in a class to get an A. A=4.0, A-=3.67, B+ =3.33, B=3.0 and so on, making it almost impossible to maintain a perfect 4.0. My tally was 13 As, 7 A-s, and one B+, which means that had I been at Harford still, the overall GPA would have been about 3.95. Bummer--BUT, I am happy that I was able to do as well as I did given the circumstances. God has been working in me and growing me every semester, helping me all along the way... I could not have done it without Him. It is neat seeing how much I have grown since I transferred. Now, I am in a celebratory mood...I am so glad it is over!!!

Now what...

2 comments:

  1. Summa Cum Laude! With Highest Honors :)
    (guess Latin is good for *something* after all...)

    that's awesome. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete