Thursday, July 8, 2010

=)

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. A longing fulfilled is sweet to the souls, but fools detest turning from evil. Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. (Proverbs 13:12, 19 & Psalm 42:5, 62:5)

God is faithful... so faithful, in fact, that he will always do what is best for us, no matter how much we pout and mope. Thank Goodness.

Recently it seems that everything that I had put my hope in has been removed from my grasp, so that at times I felt akin to Tantalus. I sank into a state of apathy and depression, making a Jonaesque show out of being frustrated with God. I knew I was being silly, but even though I know God has a plan to prosper me, I wanted to dwell on negative feelings. Enough of that.

I decided today to stir from the state of complete torpor I have been in for the last week. As a result, I decided to have a birthday party this Saturday... if you read this, you are invited.
Hope that works...

443-617-3011
followerdvidb@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. "The page you requested was not found."

    I guess not... what time is you party, or should I wait for details until the link is fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nvr mind... I got the email 2 minutes later... lol. that's what I get for reading a post that was only 47 seconds old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start Time:
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 1:00pm
    End Time:
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 12:30am

    Location:
    The Blackburn Farm
    1814 Poole Road
    Darlington, MD


    David is turning 22 on Saturday, and after wondering for too long what to do about it, he finally decided to have a party! (How original...right?). So here is how it's gonna work:

    At 1:00 or anytime after, show up at the Blackburn place bringing some food to share and any of your favorite outdoor, board, or card games. We will eat, play games , and hang out until around 6:00 PM.
    PS- If you enjoy playing Risk, Scrabble, or Boggle, you are especially welcome! =)

    At 6:00 PM, David (and anyone who wants to join him!) will be heading up to Lancaster Swing Dance club to celebrate his birthday by DANCING!!! (w00t).
    The dance ends at 11:00-ish, and we will probably get back to the Blackburn place before 12:30 in the morning--if we leave on time it might be by midnight.

    You can come for the games and eschew the dance, or join for the dance and eschew the games, or best yet, join for both and have 12 hours of solid fun! In any case, you are welcome to stop by and hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks =) I'll see if I can come

    ReplyDelete